Lessons Learned from Sandy Hook: How well does your school’s safety plan measure up?
At this session you will:
- Hear a moving first-hand account from Michelle Gay, a mother whose children were at Sandy Hook Elementary on the day of the shooting
- Evaluate your own plan to determine how well it addresses such a catastrophic event
- Bring your school plan so that you or your team can review and discuss your ideas, and align your plan to the Safe and Sound Schools triangle of Act, Assess, Audit and TDOE’s Prepare, Respond, Recover
- Learn from your colleagues
- Determine what you can do to improve your plan and better insure the safety of your students and staff
Your heart will be touched, your plan improved, and you will have the opportunity to network with fellow Tennessee educators.
East - Feb. 24- Sara Simpson Professional Development Center Room 219
Middle - Feb. 25- Murfreesboro City Schools - TLC Room
West- Feb. 26- Doubletree Hotel ballroom -Jackson, TN
****Event start time is subject to change****