ADDITIONAL DAY HAS BEEN ADDED IN KINGSPORT!
Attendees will receive 6 hours of TASL credit!
Building Strong Brains: Strategies for Educators is a free training by the Tennessee Department of Education, Office of Safe and Supportive Schools, designed to empower school leaders and teachers to address chronic childhood trauma (ACES) in the school and classroom.
In this 6 hour course, participants will learn:
- Types of stress and how stress interferes with healthy development
- Brain architecture and how experiences and interaction shape a brain
- Types of trauma
- Knowledge building on self-regulation and resilience
- Adverse childhood experiences study and implications
- Trauma informed principles and practices for classrooms
- Reacting vs. responding to challenging behaviors in the classroom
- Case studies- putting trauma informed principles into practice
- School employee wellness- exploring needs of staff wellness and school climate
- Understanding our personal mission statement