Once a year the TOSS staff selects a book and brings a ‘book study’ to our SLI/ALI members.
This year, Dale, Barry, and Wanda will be bringing you two books by Simon Sinek, Start with Why, and Leaders Eat Last.
We will begin the morning with an overview of Simon Sinek’s book, Start with Why, presented by Dr. Dale Lynch. Dr. Lynch will introduce you to the book and its three learning lessons. He will lead our discussion and cover these topics in his keynote presentation:
1. Teach a man to fish, teach a child to swim
2. If you want to inspire others, always communicate your why first
3. Excited employees are the best resource for any business
4. You don’t need sales tactics when you start with ‘why’
5. How to regain your perspective; and
6. People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it
After Dr. Lynch helps us fully understand our ‘Why’, Barry Olhausen and Wanda Shelton will lead the discussion of Simon Sinek’s new book, Leaders Eat Last. Wanda and Barry will tag team their review by mixing a bit of Sinek’s work and a few of their own stories, the audience will learn more about how to:
1. Cultivate a ‘culture of safety’
2. Navigate powerful forces including stress and pressure
3. Learn how to better deal with the ‘reality’ of situations vs. our ‘perceptions’ of those situations
4. Look clearly at ‘how did you get here’
5. Boomers vs Millennials in the work place
6. Building trust over time
7. Building a safe environment for ourselves and our employees
Join us for a day with three former superintendents, one from East Tennessee, one from West Tennessee, and one from Middle Tennessee and help us share ideas about building a culture of excellence for all teachers and all students in your schools.
This day is presented by the TOSS staff, and sponsored by Odysseyware. Dr. Rosemary Williams will be available during lunch to share her knowledge and her company’s products.
ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE TASL CREDIT FOR THIS EVENT!