TOSS SLI & ALI, and the College Board Present:
Tennessee College and Career Readiness Colloquium 2.0
Open to Superintendents and ALI Members
Breakfast and Registration will be from 8:30-9:00am, Session begins at 9:00am and runs until 3.
· Committed to ensuring college and career readiness for all students?
· Optimally exposing all students to rigorous instruction to ensure global competiveness post-high school?
· Interested in exploring programs and resources that could serve as a roadmap to supporting Drive to 55 and Tennessee Promise?
This day-long Colloquium will provide an opportunity for district leaders to make favorable decisions that inform instruction, explore programs and resources that promote a college/career going culture, and connect with innovative practitioners and peers.
You will navigate:
· Ways to shape a college-going mindset and learning environment
· How College Board programs and resources align to state accountability metrics according to the Tennessee Department of Education
· Best Practices for using benchmarks as early as eighth grade to assess student progress toward college readiness from year to year.
· Usage of Khan Academy to maximize daily teaching and learning
· Pre-AP options that expose students to rigorous, transformative learning
· Avenues for identifying students with 10-60% chance of scoring a 3 or higher on up to 24 AP exams
· Free student support services inclusive of scholarships, fee waivers and college/major exploration