The “Doing More with Less” Series Presented by TOSS and Platinum Partner, Five Points Benefits Solutions, LLC. Join us as we explore ways to SAVE MONEY FOR YOUR SCHOOL DISTRICT!
- How to Save Money on OPEB Liability — A panel will discuss OPEB liability as relates to school district budgets. We will explore the issue, recent changes to reporting that may influence bond rating, and present solutions to help reduce the liability.
- How to Save Money Lost with Employee Time — Five Points partners with its affiliate company, MyBenefitsChannel, to present the problem with employee time. We’ll show you the math of how employee productivity and accountability changes drastically with use of a time and attendance software. No more paper timesheets, inexpensive barcode scanning technology can reduce the workload. Even if you have a time and attendance solution, you will appreciate it more after seeing how much it saves!
- How to Save Money on Insurance Expenses — We’ll present a strategy that is compatible with the state health plan for using HSAs and reducing payroll tax expenses. We’ll show you an employer-sponsored wellness solution to help keep employees healthier, thereby reducing claims over time. Finally, we’ll show you a better way to educate employees on their benefits and their cost so employees understand their benefits as part of their total compensation.
- How to Save Money with Budgeting Tool — In this session, Five Points will present its budget tool to show you how to assess the impact to district budgets for changes to contribution levels, benefits, and employee participation in your insurance plans.
- How to Save Money on ACA Penalty Notices and an ACA Update — In this session, Five Points will show you four Tennessee school district examples of 2015 IRS penalty notices and how they were resolved, as well as providing an ACA update. Don’t you want to hear how one district avoided their entire $70k+ penalty?
- How to Save Money in Vendor Agreements — In this session, a licensed attorney will present a checklist of vendor contract considerations, as well as providing a summary sheet for your staff to use to flag those provisions for internal or board review. We’ll discuss things like limitations of liability, warranties, data ownership and security, indemnities, insurance and “additional insured” status, and professional services standards of care.